Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Face(book) The Truth
First, I'd like to thank Justin for the "plugs". You're a sweetheart and now you never have to worry about paying for cover or your drinks again! (haha jk) ;-)
Second, everyone needs to get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, take vitamins, drink green tea & exercise. Follow this regiment (and come to my parties) and I promise you, you'll be healthy!
It's been a love/hate relationship since the day I've signed up. And after months of receiving those damn spam e-mails on facebook "FORWARD your friends: Facebook to start charging," it's finally coming true!
Fox News has reported tonight that Facebook will start charging a yearly fee within the next year. I understand everyone's hard up for cash, but Mark Zuckerberg and his team of Harvard Graduates do NOT need our cash!
Besides charging me, Facebook has done everything in their power to make sure my work is harder. Here I list my PROBLEMS with Facebook:
1. Takes 3 or more hours to click the boxes next to each name and invite all 5,000 friends to an event/group/etc.
2. They limit you at 5,000 friends! Now I know this is reportedly a problem for only 1% of current facebook users, but for those of us that are constantly meeting new people whether it be online or in person, that number is going to grow past 5,000 for MANY of us!
3. I've been kicked off twice with my entire profile deleted for either adding too many of my friends at once or accepting too many friend requests at once..WHA!?!
4. News Feed has become a nightmare, need I say more.
5. (And I'm guilty of this one, sorry) Event invites are out of control, I end up clicking "maybe" to all of them now.
6. I stopped consistently using MySpace because of the amount of spam I was getting, well now Facebook has procured massive amounts of spam
7. STOP CHANGING THE LAYOUT!!! Or at least give us a choice!!!
Now if they fix these problems, I won't mind paying a small fee each month, maybe that will get rid of the spam profiles!
Oh and yes, to answer the numerous questions I've received about this, I do have two profiles and that's because of the 5,000 limit. Both profiles are completely seperate and no two friends on each profile are the same. I've made a seperate to allow people to add me there since they can't on the other. So no, I don't have an evil twin running a seperate profile against me on Facebook, it is me. :-)
Oh and continuing on Justin's "Infromercial" blog...Here's a fun Facebook (E-Harmony Parody) Infromercial
Oh and this is HYSTERICAL! Imagine Facebook in "REAL LIFE"