Tuesday, February 7, 2012
You Know You Were a Teen Gay in the Late Nineties When...
You gaybies have it so EASY these days. We used to have to walk uphill, both ways, to the gay bar to get laid. Now you turn on your fancy pants iPhones and GRIND your date. It's like Seamless Web food delivery, but for booty!
Yes, luckily us slightly-olds can also take advantage of these wondrous things... but, still... sit a spell and see how different shit was for those of us who grew up gay in the late 90s/early 00s.
If you don't understand a single thing in this list, consider yourself lucky... you were spared a lot of ridiculousness.
-Justin Luke (JustinLukeNYC.com)
You know you were a teen gay in the Late Nineties When...
16. You had a photo on Face The Jury and Hot or Not (and was rated at LEAST 9.9)
15. You spent weekday nights in the M4M chat rooms on AOL, or XY.com
14. You know what XY.com is
13. You had a profile on PlanetOut
12. You spelled "boy" with an "i" (or many, many i's)
11. You had a LiveJournal, and it was the COOLEST
10. You went to Limelight to dance and do drugs, not shop and eat IHOP
9. Twink was a compliment, not an insult
8. "Wanna Cyber?" was a legitimate pick-up line, and no web cams were involved
7. It took you 3-5 minutes to download a nude someone sent you, and you'd lose it all if your parents picked up the house phone
6. You owned the VHS tapes of Trick, Jeffrey, and Broken Hearts Club
5. You pre-gamed at Big Cup before drinking the night away at the original XL
4. You got your porn from Limewire
3. You played SNOOD before going out to the club
2. A/S/L? Was a necessary question
1. You were SURE that this MySpace thing would NEVER beat Friendster